The Red Cross of Montenegro in cooperation with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is implementing a new financial assistance program for people who have been displaced from Ukraine after 24 February 2022 as a result of the conflict and are residing in Montenegro. This program is intended to enable eligible individuals to prepare for winterization.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: The applications was opened on Monday, August 28th 2023 and will be opened by Sunday, 10th September (including).
All changes will be published on the website of the Red Cross of Montenegro.
How do I apply for the cash assistance program?
All applications are submitted through the Access RC application, which is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Each member of your household who is included in the application is required to upload a photo of their government issued photo identification document. Exceptions for the photo ID requirement can only be made for children who don’t have any official photo identification documents. In the case of the focal point, they will need one of the following documents:
- Ukraine International Passport
- Ukraine National ID Card
Who can apply?
Cash assistance is available to people who:
- Left Ukraine after February 24, 2022 due to the conflict, AND
- They are currently in Montenegro, AND
- They do not receive financial assistance from another organization, AND
- Possess a temporary protection document of Montenegro or a certificate that a request for temporary protection has been submitted, AND
- They belong to one of the following categories:
- Household with a member who is younger than 18 years;
- Household with a member older than 60 years;
- Household with a member with a disability or chronic illness;
- Household with a member who is pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Women traveling alone/unaccompanied.
Due to the limited resources available, priority will be given to people in the most vulnerable situations, considering the many different factors and risks faced by people displaced by the conflict.
If you need additional information, you can find it on our website: https://ukrainefinancialassistance.ifrc.org/montenegro-red-cross or you can directly contact our operators in English or Ukrainian.
Free call center: +382 80 041 041 (Mon-Fri 10:00-16:00)
Red Cross assistance is always FREE and you should not be asked for anything in exchange.
Please do not trust or pay any person or 3rd parties who claim they can help you access this program.